Creating Groups and Subgroups
Setting up multiple Groups in the Discipleship Pathway Assessment will be more beneficial for those with a large number of people who are taking the assessment. If you are doing this with just one class or Bible study, then there is no reason to use this.
Access to set up groups for this passcode is limited to those who are registered as the Primary Group Leader or Lead Pastor.
Setting up the Main Group
- Main Group for most assessment users is going to be the name of their church. This is the umbrella group for all other subgroups that will be created.
- However, if the group you purchased the passcode for is staff members of a ministry, a campus of a church, or a seminary class then Main Group is the name you give this group.
- Log in to your Discipleship Pathway Assessment account and from the Home Page, select the GROUPS icon (also Groups Management is found under Admin pull-down).
- Once you are there, if no groups have been created yet, there should only be one option, so click the Create a Group button.
- On the Create Group page, enter the information you want associated with the Main Group: Group name, Country, State, City. Then click
- Next, you’ll be taken to Manage <Main Group Name> Subgroups page.
If you are going to have a lot of these (more than 4), we recommend making sure you have thought through the best possible structure. This will save you a LOT of time later.
- If you log back in at another time, you can go to the Group Management page and select Create Subgroups when you are ready.
- As you create each new subgroup, we recommend leaving the Group Management page open and then right clicking on the Create subgroups link and selecting Open link in new tab. This will save you some steps later so you don’t have to go all the way back to the Admin button.
- When you are naming subgroups, be sure to select the names that are most familiar to the members of your group so they will recognize them when they register.
- As you create the subgroups, you can check to make sure you are organizing them correctly by clicking on the View Subgroups icon on the Group Management page.
- If you need to make a change to any group that you have already created, simply click the blue manage text and then select edit group
This will allow you to make changes to the group name, city, state, group leader, and which parent group it falls under. (This feature comes in handy if you accidentally create a subgroup under the wrong section. You don’t have to start from scratch, you can just move it around.)